Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Because today is Mothers Day, I think I'll write about my Mama. I can't even tell you how lucky I am to be blessed with the parents I have... I'm so thankful for both of them. I never realized how much my mom did everyday, or how much I was like her until I got married and moved out of her house... I don't know how she did it when I was growing up. Personally I feel like just keeping the house clean, cooking, doing laundry, taking care of the animals and my husband is a full time job... she did all that plus had JC and I AND a full time job! She really did teach me how to be a good wife to my husband, how to take care of him and the house, even if it doesn't come quite as naturally to me as it always seemed to come to her. Wierd similarities between me and my mom: 1.) I love having the house vaccuumed, I like when you can see the lines on the floor 2.) I can't relax until the kitchen is clean 3.) Cats <3 4.) I love country decor 5.) flannel pj bottoms... and these are just a couple examples- which I never noticed before! We only live about 9 hours away, but its just too far to make the trip for just a weekend so we've only been home 3 or 4 times since I moved here in September... which def isn't enough! I miss my family so much! I probably talk to my mom on the phone everyday... if not everyday then 5 or 6 days a week, seriously! She's always there for Matt and I anytime we need anything, her and my dad- both! I just want to say again that I am so blessed with my parents and I thank God for giving them to me, or giving me to them- I guess =) I love you, Mom! Happy Mothers Day!

Short and Sweet... Just like my mom!

When I become a Mama [[in a couple years...]] I hope I can be as good as my Mama always was, and is!

No comments:

Post a Comment