Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Being Thankful

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
-- Oprah Winfrey

In honor of Thanksgiving I would like to post a list of the many things I have to be thankful for. My life has been blessed in so many ways.

My husband... he gives me unconditional love and support, and even from 8000 miles away, I feel emotionally connected to him.

My friends and family... for supporting me through what SHOULD be a difficult time... they have made the adjustment back to "life in AZ" easy and exciting.

My home... there is truly NO PLACE LIKE HOME... comfy, cozy, and mine.

Cable TV... for keeping me sane and occupied... Reality TV is a guilty pleasure of mine!

REDBULL... another guilty pleasure of mine!

Today's Technology... The internet, Facebook, skype, cellphones, texting... all these things make it possible for Matt and I to stay in contact.

Scentsy... for makin' the house smell amazing :)

Fast food... it keeps me fed and is more practical than cookin' a full meal for just one person sometimes.

AZ Sun... because you can actually feel it heat your skin, and that is something that I really missed when I lived in Lemoore.

Luke AFB... because I still get to hear the jets flying over, even though I am living a fairly civilian life... and because it grants me access to the Exchange & Commissary, two things that I wouldn't have if the base wasn't so close.

Irrigation... because it means that I get to have grass in the yard.

FPW. Front Porch Wisdom. 'nuff said.

Country Music, Cold Beer, Good Company... the three things that can brighten any day... especially when the three are combined.

The US Navy... because all of the separation from Matt, I have learned to appreciate him and our relationship more and more... and because it allowed us to move away from home and depend 100% on nothing but each other.

My Kitties, Dolly & Fonzie... because they're my fur babies and keep me company when everyone else is too busy.

Pictures... for capturing moments that no one would want to ever forget.

God... for granting me all of these things to be thankful for.

This list is not complete... there are so many things that I am thankful for & yes, I know I'm a couple weeks late for Thanksgiving, but I started this list before and didn't ever have a chance to finish and post it, so I figured better late than never :)

No comments:

Post a Comment